Monday 1 October 2012

Spring has Sprung!!!!

Well, It is a public holiday here in Adelaide. The weather is beautiful with the sun shining.
Darling Son #4 has a cold, feels miserable, so you can imagine the type of day I am having.

We are attacking our bedroom.  As I mentioned we live in a small house.  I literally have 2 doors (totally 1metre wide) as cupboard space for all my clothes, shoes and all those things a woman just literally can't live without.   I have taken everything out of the cupboard and am now slowly working through the clothes to determine which ones can go straight into the poor box.
Baby #4 is only 7 mths old, so I am still trying to get back into shape to fit into some of my clothes.
Others I need to realistically admit I will NEVER get back into.

So we are slowing tossing things into piles and seeing what we can fit back into the limited space available.
I am a hoarder.  In my heart I don't like to get rid of anything - just in case I may need it in the future.  If one of the children has a dress up for book week, or needs something for a school project, I want to have it there ready.   But the reality of living in a small house with 4 children has set in and I need to de-clutter.

Thank goodness for Mr S.  Without him, nothing would ever get past, but he is slowly convincing me that clothes I haven't worn for over 10 years can finally go to a new home.

I would love to have shown a before and after shot, but I started before I took a photo.


The clothes tunred out to be the catalyst.  We ended up rearranging our entire bedroom, and then did the same in the lounge room.  SO we have spring cleaned the house and we are ready for living a tidier simplier life!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment