Wednesday 10 October 2012

Pippi's Piece -- Christmas Treats Easy but Stylish - Part 1

There is nothing worse than those cheesy Christmas gifts.   Poor teachers received dozens "best teacher ever mugs" and a years supply of chocolates.

 I have a very dear friend who is a teacher at an exclusive Adelaide private school.  I remember when my dearest daughter #1 started school, asking her what presents she loves to get from her students at Christmas time.  I was expecting her to mention all the expensive chocolates and other beautiful items.  Yet she said her favourite things were the delicious homemade goods.

So this year I have decided to make delicious homemade produce for all of the class and extracurricula teachers. 


PRESERVED LEMONS

My mum's lemon tree has lemons, lemons and more lemons.  So many lemons we don't know what to do with them all.

I have decided to make preserved lemons.  I have followed Stephanie Alexander's recipe from her wonderful book "A Shared Table".
The recipe is extremely easy, however it takes numerou days.

I made one jar and it just looks so inviting, I have decided they will be great to give away for Christmas.





I have a very dear friend who is a teacher at an exclusive Adelaide private school.  I remember when my dearest daughter #1 started school, asking her what presents she loves to get from her students at Christmas time.  I was expecting her to mention all the expensive chocolates and other beautiful items.  Yet she said her favourite things were the delicious homemade goods.
So this year I have decided to make delicious homemade produce for all of the class and extracurricula teachers.

I have started my next batch of preserved lemons.  Here they are in a large pot, soaking in water.

It is so easy to do, I am wondering why more people don't do it.

I will update this with the recipe, after Mr S has finished with the computer!!!




1 comment:

  1. I found out, that taking herbal treatment is the best to get rid of hpv as soon as i feel the symptoms of hpv is appearing, i took the healing process by contacting Dr Oyagu for natural treatment it works wonders, amazingly ever since I had the herbal treatment i have not feel these horrible disease anymore and my doc told me the virus is gone, i am glad i finally got cured out from this horrible disease. every hpv or herpes patients should also get in touch with this herbalist Dr to get ride of these disease forever his email address:Oyguspellcaster@gmail.com or wahtsapp +2348101755322 thank you.....

    ReplyDelete